Do you crave the warmth and comfort of a creamy chowder paired with the delightful flavors of roasted fish and vegetables? Our Fish Chowder Sheet-Pan Bake is the perfect amalgamation of these culinary delights.
This recipe combines the heartiness of chowder with the ease of sheet-pan cooking, making it an ideal choice for a satisfying meal without the fuss. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to create this delectable Fish Chowder Sheet-Pan Bake.
Before we dive into the kitchen, let’s familiarize ourselves with the essential ingredients that make our Fish Chowder Sheet-Pan Bake so special:
- White Fish: Opt for a mild and flaky white fish like cod, haddock, or tilapia.
- Vegetables: A medley of vegetables such as potatoes, corn, and bell peppers add color and texture.
- Creamy Chowder Sauce: A rich and creamy chowder sauce infused with aromatic flavors.
- Seasonings: Ingredients like garlic, thyme, and a touch of cayenne pepper provide depth and warmth.
- Fresh Herbs: Chopped fresh herbs like parsley and chives for garnish.
Art of Preparation
Creating this Fish Chowder Sheet-Pan Bake is a delightful culinary journey. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you master this comforting dish:
- 4 white fish fillets (6-8 oz each)
- 4 cups baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup chowder sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Fresh parsley and chives for garnish
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the Vegetables: In a large mixing bowl, combine the halved baby potatoes, corn kernels, and sliced bell peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, minced garlic, dried thyme, and cayenne pepper. Toss the vegetables to ensure they’re well coated.
- Roast the Vegetables: Spread the seasoned vegetables evenly on the prepared sheet pan and roast them in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until they’re tender and slightly browned.
- Add the Fish: Once the vegetables are ready, place the white fish fillets on top of the roasted vegetables. Season the fish fillets with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the Chowder Sauce: Pour the creamy chowder sauce over the fish and vegetables, ensuring that it’s distributed evenly.
- Finish in the Oven: Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the fish is flaky and the chowder sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish and Serve: Once done, remove the sheet pan from the oven and garnish with freshly chopped parsley and chives. Your Fish Chowder Sheet-Pan Bake is ready to be enjoyed.
Our Fish Chowder Sheet-Pan Bake is a testament to the comfort and simplicity of sheet-pan cooking. The tender, flaky fish paired with the roasted vegetables and creamy chowder sauce creates a satisfying and heartwarming dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Can I use other types of fish for this recipe?
Certainly, any mild white fish works well, and you can choose your favorite.
What can I use as a substitute for chowder sauce?
You can make a substitute using a combination of heavy cream, chicken or vegetable broth, and butter. Season it to your liking.
Is it possible to make this recipe with frozen fish fillets?
Yes, you can use frozen fish fillets; just be sure to thaw them before cooking.
Can I add other vegetables to the sheet pan?
Absolutely, you can customize the vegetable selection based on your preferences.
What’s a good wine to pair with this dish?
A crisp Chardonnay or a light Pinot Grigio complements the flavors of this dish beautifully.