The entire daffodil plant - flowers, leaves, stems and bulbs - contain poisonous crystals.
Parts Are Toxic to Cats
Ingesting any part of a daffodil may induce vomiting in cats.
Can Cause Vomiting
Daffodil poisoning also causes diarrhea and abdominal pain from gastrointestinal irritation.
Diarrhea and Abdominal Pain
At high doses, daffodil toxins can dangerously lower heart rate and blood pressure.
Do not allow cats to eat, chew or play with any part of a daffodil plant.
Keep Cats Away
Immediately contact your vet if you suspect your cat ate any part of a daffodil.
Seek Vet Care if Ingested
Eliminate daffodils entirely or install fencing to prevent access by curious cats.
Remove or Fence Off Daffodils