Delight your taste buds with the exquisite flavors of our Grilled Squash Garlic Bread recipe. This innovative twist on a classic favorite combines the smoky goodness of grilled squash with the rich, aromatic essence of garlic bread. It’s a culinary adventure that’s simple, yet incredibly satisfying.
Grilled squash is a summertime delight, celebrated for its smoky, charred exterior and tender, flavorful flesh. Whether it’s zucchini, yellow squash, or any variety you prefer, grilling enhances its natural sweetness and adds a delightful smokiness.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we fire up the grill, let’s make sure we have all the ingredients needed to create this Grilled Squash Garlic Bread.
For the Grilled Squash:
- 2 medium-sized zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Garlic Bread:
- 1 large baguette or Italian bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
This recipe is all about the simple pleasures of grilling and creating a savory garlic bread that pairs perfectly with the smoky, grilled squash.
- Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat.
- While the grill is heating up, slice the zucchini or yellow squash into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Place them in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Grill the squash rounds for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until they have beautiful grill marks and are tender. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- For the garlic bread, slice the baguette or Italian bread in half horizontally.
- In a bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese. Spread this garlic butter mixture evenly over the cut sides of the bread.
- Place the garlic bread, buttered side down, on the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and has grill marks.
- Assemble your Grilled Squash Garlic Bread by placing the grilled squash rounds on one half of the bread. Top with the other half of the bread to create a sandwich.
Savoring Your Creation
The Grilled Squash Garlic Bread is a celebration of summer on a plate. The smoky, charred squash pairs perfectly with the rich, garlicky bread. It’s a delightful appetizer or even a light summer meal.
In conclusion, our Grilled Squash Garlic Bread recipe is a simple yet sensational way to elevate your grilling game. Whether you’re enjoying a summer barbecue or looking for a unique appetizer to impress your guests, this dish has it all—smoky grilled squash and the aromatic delight of garlic bread.
Can I use other vegetables besides zucchini or yellow squash for grilling?
Certainly! You can experiment with other grill-friendly vegetables like eggplant, bell peppers, or even portobello mushrooms.
What’s the best way to get those perfect grill marks on the squash?
Make sure your grill is preheated, and don’t overcrowd the grill grates. Allow some space between the squash rounds for those gorgeous grill marks.
Can I use whole wheat or gluten-free bread for the garlic bread?
Absolutely! You can choose any bread that suits your dietary preferences.
What beverages pair well with Grilled Squash Garlic Bread?
A crisp white wine, a cold beer, or a sparkling water with a splash of lemon all make excellent companions for this dish.
Can I make the garlic butter in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the garlic butter mixture a day or two ahead and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.